Seiko ASTRON 2021 "140th Anniversary Limited Edition"
Seiko Watch Corporation began in Ginza, Tokyo in 1881 as a watch and clock repair business and has been making innovations in watchmaking ever since. This particular design, with an eye-catching blue bezel, is one of the 140th-anniversary collection timepieces marking key periods in the brand’s history.
This Seiko Astron Solar GPS watch features our Calibre 5X, which offers the most advanced functionality ever. To enhance the speed and quality of the GPS connection, every component in the GPS module has been re-engineered. The operation of the 5X caliber is also faster and more intuitive than ever. For example, only three seconds are needed to advance 14 hours from Tokyo to New York time, thanks to the system that moves an hour, minute, and seconds hand independently. New functions also allow automatic adjustment to Daylight Saving Time and give the wearer the ability to switch the main dial instantly from home to local time and vice versa.
Seiko Astron: the world’s first GPS solar watch which never needs a battery change – powered by light, automatically adjusted to your time zone through the latest GPS technology
Model Number: SSH093
- Dual-curved Sapphire Crystal Glass
- Stainless steel Case (super hard coating) with a ceramic bezel
- 100-meter water resistance
- Japan Made 5X53 GPS Solar Power Movement
- Operating for approx. 6 months (when fully charged), power save: approx. 2 years
- Clasp with Smart Adjuster function
- Automatic hand position alignment function
- GPS signal reception function
- Overcharge prevention function
- Perpetual calendar to February 28, 2100
- Power reserve display
- LIMITED EDITION on the case back
Release: Year 2021