Seiko PROSPEX 2023 Alpinist Mechanical GMT "110th Seiko Wristwatchmaking Anniversary" Limited Edition
Taking its name from the original and much-loved Seiko ‘Alpinist’ – launched in 1959 for Japanese ‘Yama-otoko’ mountain men, reliable in treacherous terrain – this watch commemorates the 110th anniversary of the ‘Laurel’ – the first wristwatch made in Japan by Seiko.
Similar to the original ‘Laurel’ design, this model has a white dial with a red accent colour at 12 o’clock. The leather material used for the strap is sourced from LWG certified tanneries – The Leather Working Group non-profit organisation dedicated to sustainable leather production.
The watch is powered by the in-house built 6R54 Calibre – the first mechanical GMT movement in a Prospex watch to have a three-day power reserve, allowing tracking of two different time zones at the same time.
Prospex is a combination of the words ‘Professional’ and ‘Specifications.’ Seiko Prospex timepieces are designed to be practical, reliable and durable; to meet the high standards required in extreme environments for sports lovers and adventure seekers alike.
* In an actual watch, the case back direction might be different from the photograph.
Model Number: SPB409J1
- Curved Sapphire Crystal Glass
- Stainless steel Case
- 200-meter water resistance
- Japan Made Automatic 6R54 Movement with manual winding capacity
- Power reserve approx. 72 hours(3 days)
- Anti-reflective coating on the inner surface
- Lumibrite on hands and index(es)
- 24 jewels
- LIMITED EDITION on the case back
- Screw-down crown
- An additional calf strap is included
- See-through & Screw case back
Release: Year 2023